Hand-Dipped Chocolate Covered Carrots
Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays to celebrate especially when it comes time to celebrate with family. When Liz was little we started hiding strawberries because she loved them, and through the years it has continued to be a tradition. This year instead of bringing plain strawberries like I usually do I’m going to make up several batches of these Hand-Dipped Chocolate Covered Carrots instead. They will be a hit with grown up and kids alike I am positive! This recipe will yield a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, so plan according when it’s time to get ready for your Easter Celebrations!
1 T solid shortening
3/4 cup Wilton orange chocolate candy melts (tastes like vanilla)
1. Line a cookie/baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Rinse strawberries and dry completely. Place in refrigerator to chill.
2. In a double boiler, heat the solid shortening until melted.
3. Add the orange candy melts, stirring occasionally, until melted.
4. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto each strawberry, covering completely except for the stem. Lay on baking sheet to harden. It will not take long to “set” because the strawberries were chilled.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days until ready to serve.
[yumprint-recipe id=’82’] Don’t have family to celebrate Easter with? Make up a couple batches and deliver them to a nursing home, fire station or anywhere where someone’s day needs to be brightened. Sometimes people don’t realize just how much they brighten people’s day but doing something as simple as making a delivery. This year has been rocky for us, but we have taken the time to do for others things that we would enjoy and it is finally coming back to us. So remember to pay it forward when you can, because the smiles on their faces is priceless. Looking for more unique ideas? Check out these adorable Easter Eggs from Stefanie at Making of a Mom!