Wine Cork Stamp Forsythia
Spring is in the air and with spring comes flowers, green grass and of course Wine Cork Stamp Forsythia pictures. I love that kids and adults alike can make their own Forsythia flowers, or even other flowers with something as simple as paper, a cork, and of course paint.
So, before you start gather these simple ingredients. Wine corks can be bought at craft stores or even your local Walmart if you don’t have any on hand. But I always have some on hand from the empty wine bottles. Here are the real simple things you need is to make this adorable craft. Don’t forget to cover the work area with newspaper if you have the kids helping you with this craft. I promise you will thank me for that later!
Green, yellow craft paint
White craft or construction paper
1. Begin by pouring some of each paint color onto a dish. You will need more yellow than green as the picture shows.
2. Use your finger, cotton swab or a paint brush to create the green stems. Just simple lines will do the trick. Allow the green to dry. Now is the time to conquer something else why you wait, or grab the blow dryer and make it dry quicker. I tend to be a little impatient.
3. Dip the end of the wine cork into the yellow paint. Do a couple practice stamps to remove any of the extra paint.
4. Press the wine cork to the paper, close the green stem lines. Repeat until the forsythia looks nice and full.
5. Allow the paint to dry and display.
After the paint dries, place the Wine Cork Stamp Forsythia in a frame for easy display. I pick up frames at our local thrift store and garage sales for less than 50 cents each.
What is your favorite type of flower?