10 Odd Money Saving Ways to Use Eggs!
Eggs are probably one of the most versatile foods we have available to us. There is a plethora of treats to make and even more breakfast foods! Here is a list of ten ways to use eggs to help you save money! That my friends is a win, win in my book!
- Make your own sidewalk chalk with eggshells, flour and hot water. All you have to do is crush four eggshells until they are powdering, add a teaspoon of flour and hot water. Mix well and shape into chalk. Then, roll in waxed paper, dry for a week and then let the kids have fun!!
- Eggs make the perfect treatment for dry and damaged hair. Put your egg into a bowl, mix 1/4 cup water a teaspoon of honey and a dash of lemon juice. Whisk it together and work into your hair when wet. Let it set for up to 10 minutes and then rinse out with warm water. The protein off the egg is helps fix your damaged hair and the egg whites cleanses the hair. The yolk contains fat that works as a conditioner so this is the perfect solution to dry and damaged hair!
- Place a few eggs shells to your coffee grounds before brewing!! It helps to get the bitter taste out of your coffee which makes it even more enjoyable.
- Eggshells are perfect for gardens because they keep small pests at bay and promotes growth of plants. We crush them up and scatter them on the garden ground year around. We don’t have snails or slugs in our garden!
- Use empty egg containers for storing Christmas decorations or junk drawer organizers.
- Eggs make the perfect band-aid! Make a hard boiled egg then use the thin clear film between the egg and the shell as a band-aid. But if you are anything like me, I don’t have the time to boil an egg when I get a cut so I whisk the egg whites until it is frothy then apply to the cut. It dries quickly and works as a liquid band-aid which is a win, win in my book!
- Egg white masks are the perfect addition to your beauty routine. It will help reduce puffiness and treats wrinkles as the same time. Whisk an egg and use your fingers to put it onto your face, let it set for 10 minutes and wash off with water. But save the egg yolk for a second treatment that moisturizes skin, helps heal blemishes and soften skin. Whisk the yolks together and apply to your face. Allow to sit for up to 20 minutes and rinse with water and a cloth.
- Use a whisked egg to clean leather!
- Edible paint is made quickly and easily with a tablespoon of water and an egg yolk mixed together with food coloring.
- Make your own Christmas decorations my draining the egg out of it’s shell by putting a whole in one end. Then, once it is drained you can paint the egg and make unique decorations.
What other unique uses do you know of for eggs?