This post is in partnership with Sony Pictures Animation, however, as always opinions are 100% my own. Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Angry Birds 2
In just a few short days Angry Birds 2 will be available for all to watch on Blu-Ray, but as of October 29, it’s available digitally! While I did receive an advanced copy, I had more than a few laughs when watching Angry Birds 2 the kids will all love it too! While Red is known for saving the day, sometimes a truce is in order to work together to save the world. I don’t want to give it all away, but it is a must-watch for any Angry Birds fan as well as a family-friendly film!
You mess with the Hatchlings, you get the cannonball!
Jason Sudeikis (Booksmart), Josh Gad (Frozen II), Bill Hader (Inside Out), Danny McBride (TV’s “The Righteous Gemstones”), and Peter Dinklage (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) reprise their roles from 2016’s The Angry Birds Movie in the hilarious family-friendly sequel, THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2, debuting on Digital October 29 and coming to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 12, from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Joining the all-star cast is Leslie Jones (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”), Rachel Bloom (TV’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’), Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians), Sterling K. Brown (TV’s “This Is Us”), and Eugenio Derbez (Dora and the Lost City of Gold).
The flightless angry birds and the scheming green piggies take their beef to the next level in THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2! When a new threat emerges that puts both Bird and Pig Island in danger, Red (Jason Sudeikis), Chuck (Josh Gad), Bomb (Danny McBride), and Mighty Eagle (Peter Dinklage) recruit Chuck’s sister Silver (Rachel Bloom) and team up with pigs Leonard (Bill Hader), his assistant, Courtney (Awkwafina), and techpig, Garry (Sterling K. Brown), to forge an unsteady truce and form an unlikely super team to save their homes.
THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2 is currently perched atop Rotten Tomatoes’ ranking of the best-reviewed video game films of all time and has critics chirping its praises with Deadline’s Pete Hammond calling it “a wacky, fast-paced delight” and Variety’s Guy Lodge claiming “one sequence may just be funnier than any scene from a comedy in the last year.”
Bonus materials for THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2 include an all-new mini-movie “Live Stream” and six adorable Hatchling shorts, three Family Fun DIY activities inspired by the film, a collection of behind-the-scenes featurettes with cast and crew, an exciting visit to the LA Zoo to meet some amazing feathered friends, a holiday-themed sing along and much more! The IMAX® Enhanced 4K Ultra HD edition features digitally remastered content presented with High Dynamic Range and DTS:X® audio for a more immersive at-home entertainment experience.
THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2 has a runtime of approximately 97 minutes and is rated PG for rude humor and action.
BLU-RAY AND DIGITAL BONUS MATERIALS
- ALL-NEW MINI MOVIE! – “Live Stream”: When Silver attempts her first Livestream, Red is the ultimate Angry Bird while the adorable Hatchlings get into mischief.
- 6 Classic Hatchling Mini Movies
- DIY Family Fun!:
- “Hangry Birds: Popcorn Balls”: No need to be angry or hangry with this simple, fun cooking tutorial. Follow along to make Red’s go-to comfort food and enjoy these tasty popcorn balls at home.
- “Smarty Birds: Crafty Volcano”: From the volcano on Eagle Island, Zeta plots her sinister plan and sends her lava balls flying. But why should Zeta have all the fun? Build your own volcano and watch it erupt combining crafts and science in this brainy how-to video!
- “Crafty Birds: Pig Snot!”: Ready to roll up your sleeves and get a little messy? It’s time to mix a few ingredients and create your very own pig snot (slime!). Just make sure to keep it away from Bomb…he likes to drink it. (Eeeew!)
- “Bird Watching”: In this hilarious “birds-eye” view of the real-life species that inspired the artists, we take a trip to the LA ZOO to get up close and personal with real-life Mighty Eagles, Blue Birds, Toucans, and more. With fun reactions from the cast intercut throughout the piece – get ready to laugh, learn and meet some amazing avian friends
- “Meet The New Birds & Pigs”: Join the returning cast and meet the unique new cast members giving voice to the hilarious characters in Angry Birds 2. In exclusive BTS recording sessions and interviews, we’ll see how Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Eugenio Derbez, and Sterling K. Brown bring these unforgettable characters to life.
- “Hatching the Hatchlings”: The Hatchlings are soooooo cute! And in Angry Birds 2, we get to join them on their very own adventure! Meet these mischievous little troublemakers as we talk to filmmakers about the creation of the Hatchlings and their expanded storyline in the film, and hear from cast members about their love for these adorable baby birds.
- “Flocking Together: Making The Angry Birds Movie 2”: Go behind the scenes with the flock of talented artists who worked together to make The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- “Happy Thanks-pigging”: Zeta is not a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving menu!
- “Jingle Birds: A Holiday Song From The Cast of Angry Birds 2”: Sing along with Rachel Bloom and Jason Sudeikis with a new twist on this holiday classic.
CAST AND CREW
Cast: Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones, Bill Hader, Rachel Bloom, Awkwafina, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez, Danny McBride, Peter Dinklage, Pete Davidson, Zach Woods, Dove Cameron, Lil Rel Howery
Executive Producers: David Maisel, Catherine Winder
Screenplay By: Peter Ackerman and Eyel Podell & Jonathon E. Stewart
Producer: John Cohen
Director: Thurop Van Orman
Get Social with Angry Birds 2
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., which is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group includes film labels Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit