Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Easter is one of our favorite times of the year and the food at Easter time is always fun.
Easter for our family means lots of kids, food, church and of course a visit from the Easter Bunny. But when our daughter Liz was little we vowed to do more fun things with less sugar filled candy each year. So the Easter Bunny had to get creative and as the list of kids (nieces, nephews, and friends) started growing so did our shopping list. So we learned along the way that my siblings and I each had to bring enough treats for all of the kids. So on average you are in charge of 13 “presents” for the Easter Bunny to deliver. So we get creative and year after year the Easter bunny brings lots of goodies as well as unique gifts.
Some of them include bubbles, big bouncy balls, carrots, Easter Eggs filled with money, fresh strawberries, movies, cars, silly string and any dollar item we can pick up. The kids all have a wonderful time playing with their goodies and the parents are always happy that the Easter Bunny delivered a little candy as opposed to baskets full of the sugary goodness. So this year I’m bringing Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs for my Easter Bunny contribution.
Reese’s peanut butter eggs
Wilton chocolate melts:pink, yellow, and purple
You will also need-
Three microwaveable bowls
1. In three separate bowls, microwave your chocolate melts on 50% percent power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
2. Pour your melted chocolate melts into three separate decorating bags
3. Cut a very small tip off each decorating bag with your scissors
4. Twist the tops of your bags to hold the chocolate down
5. Now you can start making designs with your chocolate bags, have fun with it, and be creative!
*Optional- top off with pastel sprinkles