Cork Stamp Ladybugs
Cork Stamp Ladybugs are the perfect craft companion to the movie Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir.
Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
THE SMASH HIT TV SERIES
Miraculous™: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
COMES TO DVD FROM SHOUT! KIDS ON MAY 3, 2016
Marinette and Adrien, two seemingly normal kids live what appears to be an ordinary teen life in Paris with daily encounters that create amusing circumstances in school, with friends, family, and even with strangers. But when the evil Hawk Moth threatens their beloved city of Paris, they transform into the superheroes Ladybug and Cat Noir using super powers gained with the help of their magical friends. Hawk Moth is using his evil energy to transform normal people into super villains, so our two heroes need to use all their skills to defeat him.
Becoming Ladybug is a complicated process. First, Marinette needs a “Kwami,” which is a tiny magical assistant (called Tikki). She also needs a “Miraculous,” which is a magical accessory (her special pair of earrings). Tikki uses the Miraculous to transform Marinette, but her Ladybug super powers only work for a limited time!
It is a good thing that she gets a little help from her superhero partner, Cat Noir even though she insists she doesn’t need him. If only she knew Cat Noir’s true identity – her school crush, Adrien! It will take a lot – friendship, teamwork and skill – to outwit Hawk Moth. Will Ladybug and Cat Noir be able to balance their double lives and keep Paris safe? Will they ever find out each other’s true identity? Until then – there is a whole city of baddies to defeat… SPOTS ON, CLAWS OUT!
Miraculous™: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir episodes include:
“The Bubbler,” “Mr. Pigeon,” “Stormy Weather,” “Timebreaker,” “Copycat,” “The Pharoah,” and “Lady Wifi”!
Cast and Crew Interviews
I love that kids and adults alike can make their own Ladybugs with something as simple as paper, a cork, paint and a marker.
So, before you start gather these simple ingredients. Wine corks can be bought at craft stores or even your local Walmart if you don’t have any on hand. But I always have some on hand from the empty wine bottles. Here are the real simple things you need is to make this adorable craft. Don’t forget to cover the work area with newspaper if you have the kids helping you with this craft. I promise you will thank me for that later!
Red craft paint
White craft paper
Paper or fresh leaves (optional)
Craft glue (optional)
1. Begin by placing a dab of red craft paint on some scrap paper or in a bowl.
2. Dab the wine cork into the paint. Do a test dab so make sure you get any extra paint off the cork.
3. Press the cork to the white paper firmly and release. You will see the round, red circle that will be the body of your ladybug. If you wish, you can reapply the cork a second time to darken the circle and make it more complete.
4. Allow the circle to dry. If you wish to embellish with leaves, now is the time to trim some!
5. Once your ladybug circle is dry, create two arches as shown with the black marker. These will be the wings of the ladybug.
6. You can now add some polka dots to each wing. Finish by shading in a small face and add antennae to the head.
7. Optional: Finish by embellishing with some fresh leaves or even paper leaves. You can just glue them around the ladybugs for extra detail. We also added some dots to look like the ladybugs were flying.
Your wine cork ladybug stamps can now be displayed!