Cranberry Raspberry Salsa
Fall is a season for all things cranberry and this year I have partnered with US Cranberries to bring you a couple yummy recipe ideas as well as a fun contest for you to enter. Growing up, Thanksgiving was all about family and spending the day with the extended family eating, visiting and of course playing card games. But those times have come and gone as we have all gotten older, our families have grown in size and of course the miles have been placed between us. But that doesn’t mean Thanksgiving goes by the wayside we do try to get together with family, but more often than not we do a #Friendsgiving.
What is a #Friendsgiving you ask?
We like to think of it as a time to spend time with friends and celebrate the holiday. Each year we have Friendsgiving, and sometimes we even take it on the road and travel over the Thanksgiving holiday. But this year we are hosting a Friendsgiving Dinner and we will have a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with a couple new cranberry recipes thrown in. First up is a yummy Cran-Raspberry Salsa that you pour over cream cheese to serve and let me tell you it is beyond delicious and easy to make as well, making it a double winner in my book.
- 4 Jalapenos chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jelly
- 1 package cream cheese room temperature
- Chop up all of your ingredients into bite sized pieces, I used a food processor to make it quick and easy. Once the jalapenos, onions, and cranberries are chopped, stir together into a bowl with the raspberry jelly. Place your cream cheese down on a serving plate, then pour your Cran-Raspberry Salsa over it. Use crackers to dip the delicious mixture onto the cracker. Works best if the cream cheese is at room temperature
Then, the next recipe is equally as easy and delicious too. Pick up a bottle of your favorite Moscato Wine, grab some fresh cranberries and chill them. Add them to your wine before serving and enjoy a delicious adult beverage. If you want to make a kid friendly version pick up some Cranberry Peach Juice, toss in some fresh cranberries and the kids have a non-alcoholic version to enjoy as well.
In honor of this new American tradition, the Cranberry Marketing Committee is launching its second annual Cranberry Friendsgiving Photo Contest and you have a chance to win $4,000 in prizes for the best cranberry dishes, drinks and décor. Simply post a photo of your cranberry creations on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest with #FriendsgivingCranberryContest and then upload it at CranberryFriendsgiving.com to enter.
To celebrate cranberries and the holidays, I’m hosting a giveaway to one lucky reader! Leave a comment below about which cranberry dish, drink or decoration you plan to make for your Friendsgiving celebration for a chance to win! Here is what the prize looks like (minus a few fresh cranberries of course!). Then, don’t forget to make that cranberry creation and enter the Cranberry Friendsgiving Photo Contest before December 19, 2016!
Plus they have lots of inspirational party resources at CranberryFriendsgiving.com that will help spark your creativity, including:
- The Ultimate Guide to Friendsgiving – a complete guide to throwing a bodacious bash
- Recipe Ideas – festive and flavorful recipes for appetizers, sides, desserts, cocktails and more
- Guide to Entertaining with Fresh Cranberries – a fresh look at how to incorporate America’s Original Superfruit® – cranberries – into trendy recipes and décor during the holidays and beyond
And for more tips and ideas on how to throw the best Friendsgiving, join @uscranberries for a #FriendsgivingCranberryContest Twitter party on November 10 at 7 p.m. EST featuring Melissa Johnson of Best Friends for Frosting (@BFforFrosting).