The popularity of lip injections is rising, with more and more women turning to this cosmetic procedure to achieve fuller, plumper lips. According to studies, the success rate of lip injections Vancouver is about 70% to 80%. However, it’s crucial to know what to expect before going ahead with the procedure.
What are Lip Injections?
It’s a cosmetic procedure that involves injecting a dermal filler into the lips to add volume and definition. Different dermal fillers can be used, depending on your needs and preferences. The most common type of filler used is hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring substance in the body that helps keep the skin hydrated.
The total number of cosmetic surgery clinics in Vancouver that offers injectors has increased by 20% in the past year. As per the Canadian Institute for Health Information study, lip injections were the third most popular type of cosmetic procedure in 2016, with over 36,000 procedures performed.
The Cost of Treatment
The average cost of lip injections in Vancouver ranges between $400–$800. The price will be based on the type of filler used, the amount injected, and the injector’s experience.
How to Find the Right Professionals?
Approximately 60% of lip surgeries are performed by plastic surgeons, while the remaining 40% are done by dermatologists, nurses, and other medical professionals.
Vancouver has around 100–200 clinics for facial enhancement procedures, so it can be challenging to decide which one is right for you. Read for some tips on how to choose a reputable clinic:
- Do Your Research
Botox was the most common cosmetic procedure sought online in Canada in January 2021, with a monthly search volume of over 18 thousand. This means that you are not alone if you are thinking about getting injections. Start by doing your research online and reading reviews from past patients.
- Ask for Referrals
About 60% of patients choose their clinic based on a referral from a friend or family member. If you don’t know anyone who’s had lip treatment, try asking your doctor or dermatologist for a referral.
- Meet with the Doctor
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, arrange a consultation with the doctor to discuss your goals and expectations. You can also ask about their experience, training, and success rate with lip fillers.
How are Women Using the Treatment to their Advantage?
In Vancouver, women of all ages turn to the treatment to enhance their appearance. The most common age group is 35–44 and 45–54.
The most popular reason for getting injections is to improve the overall appearance of the lips, with 71% of women citing this as their primary motivation. Other reasons include:
– To make the lips look fuller
– To improve the symmetry of the lips
– To reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth
The procedure is also popular among women who have naturally thin lips or who have lost volume in their lips due to aging.
Overall, it is an effective and safe way to achieve plumper and more luscious-looking lips. If you’re considering getting them done, do your research and find a qualified doctor who has a good track record with the procedure.