Family Beach Fun
Getting outdoors has a plethora of health benefits but the beach is one place that will allow you to have fun in the sun with several great activities for you to participate in as well. Here are a few ideas of things we are going to do at the beach!
- Walk/Run along the beach. While you are walking look for shells, sand, feathers, driftwood and of course ocean life. As long as it isn’t living, it would make the perfect and cheap souvenir!
- Games such as frisbees, volleyball and badminton are all great beach games as well as relatively easy to back and take with you.
- Snorkeling, Boating, Tubing, Body Surfing and of course boogie boards are all fun things to do. I know we are going snorkeling as well as boating to watch the dolphins! We will purchase some boogie boards for the kids so they can give that a try!
- Cast Shapes in the sand using plaster of Paris. Dig out a shape such as a fish, starfish or heart make sure it is about 2 inches deep. Place a seashell in the bottom if you wish, then pour in the plaster of Paris. In about an hour you can dig the plaster cast out and you can let it dry in your vehicle while you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
- Build sand castle, just remember to bring your cups, buckets and hollow items to mold them into shapes.
- Have a bonfire on the beach if it is allowed. Bring your blankets and towels and check out the stars and the amazing view. You can even bring hotdogs, s’mores and campfire favorites for an easy meal.
But best of all we plan to spend time with our family and some extended family and enjoy the breathtaking view the ocean has to offer!! Be sure to pack all of the necessities so you will be prepared no matter what the situation. But most of all remember to have fun and relax while enjoying the beach!!