Free Things to Do in Branson Missouri
Are you thinking about traveling to Branson, Missouri? Visitors head to Branson every year to spend a few days doing fun things. If you’re on a tight budget or just looking for fun things to do, you can find free things to do. Check out the multitude of things you can do for fun in this great town in our state of Missouri. Just be careful because some places are advertising “Free things in Branson, Missouri, but they are contingent on you making a purchase or listening to a time share.”
Enjoy Nature in Branson, Missouri for FREE
- Dewey Short Visitor Center: It may seem goofy to visit a visitor center, but there’s actually a lot to see at the Dewey Short Visitor Center. There are tons of displays and information to be seen. You can even enjoy a picnic and sit down to fish or swim if you so desire. Table Rock Lake is one of the things that we enjoy doing each and every time we are in Branson.
- Henning State Forest: If exploring the forest is your thing, then head to Henning State Forest in Branson, Missouri. This is a huge park that has a lot to offer its guests. Some of the best parts of this park is the natural beauty of it all. You and your family will enjoy picturesque hikes and just taking in the beauty of it all.
- Branson Landing: A fun place to be in Branson, Missouri is Branson Landing right along the water. It is a very clean mall area that has lots of stores for browsing. Be sure to check out the fountains while you are there especially of a night!
- Downtown Branson, Missouri: Heading downtown at any tourist attraction is the place to be, however, Branson, Missouri has even more to offer. This is one of my favorite stops because we go to the “historic” stores like Dick’s 5 and Dime, and enjoy times that were less hectic. There are great places to dine and shop. You can take the trolley around town. This is definitely a place you can spend a lot of time looking and exploring. And you don’t have to spend a dime if you don’t want to.
- Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery is also another fun stop while visiting. There are picnic areas, hiking trails, two viewing decks, a nature center and of course hatchery tours as well as exhibits.
Free drinks in Branson, Missouri
- Mount Pleasant Winery has a free tour and when you are finished with the tour you get to taste some of the wine. It is a great way to enjoy Branson although it usually doesn’t end up being FREE when I go. Thirsty for more? Check out the Curling Vine Winery too, although I haven’t personally been here, it’s on the list!
- Copper Run Distillery is the first legal distillery since Prohibition and you can get free samples, tours and more. You might even experience some music while you are there.
Heading to Branson, Missouri is anything but boring and the amount of things to do there is insane. But no matter how many times we go we always find something else new and exciting to do. Still not convinced? Check out my Branson section for more ideas of where to eat, stay or even visit while you are in town.
Have you ever been and what would you recommend visitors check out for free while there?