First and foremost I have to tell you that visiting the Grey’s Anatomy Set visit was amazing!! But I do have to admit a few things before I get started telling you about my trip.
1. I had never watched an episode of Grey’s Anatomy prior to being chosen to go on this amazing trip.
2. I watched 3 seasons before leaving for the trip, then decided I should skip ahead until the current season.
3. Bad choice skipping ahead because I didn’t know all of the juicy details.
4. I reverted back to season 4 and continued watching. And the rest is history or so they say, right?
Can you Visit The Grey’s Anatomy Set in Los Angeles?
5. I LOVED meeting Dr. Arizona Robbins, Alex Karev as well as Dr. April Kepner and Dr. Jo Wilson. Since this was a Press Invite I was very fortunate to meet four amazing individuals. The Grey’s Anatomy Set isn’t open for public visitors, so you will have to live vicariously through me for this amazing experience.
6. The set visit was amazing!! I loved hearing all of the back side details as well as seeing some of the props!
Dr. Arizona Robbins played by Jessica Capshaw was in love with the show before she became one of the doctors on the show. She had just had a baby but she made the trip to the audition and had never left her baby alone until this day. But then her agent called and they wanted her to come back and do a chemistry test. But nothing happened the first time, or the second time which was a year later. Then, magically two months later she got the amazing phone call when her baby was 13 months old. She made her big Grey’s Anatomy appearance in Season 5 Episode 6 and was finally offered a contract. But she wasn’t well liked by Miranda Bailey when she first came to the hospital. But over the seasons they have learned to be “friends” as well as great co-workers.
Props on Grey’s Antatomy
Prop Cart included some favorites from past sessions such as Anatomy Jane which came into the show on Season 5 episode 6. But if you want an Anatomy Jane doll you are out of luck because there are only 2 in the world.
The beating heart is made out of silicone but it only lasts about 2 seasons. It was amazing to see it laying on the table and being “worked” by the prop coordinator. They are of course a little more careful while filming but it was amazing to see a heart beating! The intestines to the right were very colorful as well and were unique to see!
The Dream House
The Dream House that is Meredith Grey’s as well as Derek Shepherd was nothing short of amazing! It felt very much like being at home and they had a kitchen, living room as well as a play area for the kids. But my absolute favorite part of the entire house was the master bedroom because of the “post it note”. Which was Meredith’s and Derek’s wedding vows that took place in Season 5 Episode 24. They had planned to have a wedding planned by Izzie of course, but instead of their wedding Alex and Izzie got married instead. But I think that their post-it note wedding was the best solution for them!!
Derek and Meredith’s Post It Note
Yes, yes, and yes the Mer & Der note is above their bed in their Dream House. Is it super cool? YUM, YES of course it is, did I get goosebumps being in the room? Yes, the answer is yes. Even after all of these years I still have goosebumps just thinking about being in Derek and Meredith’s bedroom of the iconic Dream House. I would love to have a Mer Der Post it note wedding again, wouldn’t you??
The kitchen, the living room as well as the play area! It was surprisingly small with almost 30 of us in the house it was almost like a family gathering, minus the food.
Outside of the hospital looking into the room from the emergency location. Then the outer door on the right hand side that shows the name of the hospital.
The nurses station was set up for the ped’s department, a hospital bed, the surgical scrub in area and of course the operating room which are all Grey’s Anatomy favorites!
The floor in the main lobby of the hospital as well as the stairs that lead up to the next level.
Outfits and dresses through the years were also very fun to see!
7. I’m finally on season 7 and I’m HOOKED!!! I can’t wait to get caught up so I can watch it as the season progresses. I absolutely loved being on the set, meeting the staff as well as the actor/actresses. It is one of the top moments in my life and I am extremely blessed to have had this opportunity.
Here are some great pictures of the Grey’s Anatomy actors/actresses and other great scenes from ABC!!
Dream House in Candles!
Be sure to tune into “Grey’s Anatomy” airs Thursdays from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC.t!! Don’t forget to check out their website and follow them on social media!!