Homemade Chicken Fingers Recipe
Homemade Chicken Fingers Recipe!! If your house is anything like mine chicken is a meal that we have at minimum once a week. But sometimes you just have to have a little bit of fried goodness so this recipe I wanted to share with you!! It is relatively easy to make and always a hit with the kids. We usually make some extra so we have it to top our salads with during the week. For us it is a win, win!!
Homemade Chicken Fingers
- 4 Chicken Fingers
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¾ cup Milk ( I use skim just to help with the calories, but it also the preferred milk in our house.) You can use whole milk, buttermilk, or evaporated milk for an easy variation of the recipe.
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Cut chicken into ½ x 2 inch strips .
- Mix flour, salt & pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk.
- Roll in flour mixture to coat well.
- Place chicken on waxed paper. I tend to just get them right into the pan when I make fried chicken.
- Pour ¼ inch of oil into a large heavy skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns evenly in 1 minute.
- Divide chicken into batches.
- Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil.
- Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a sauce, gravy, ketchup, or other condiment of choice.
Remember to check out these yummy recipes as well if you need some inspiration for some new chicken dishes!!