Independence Day Marshmallow Kabobs
This post may contain affiliate links. If these links are clicked, I may receive a small compensation. Regardless of these affiliations with these companies, my opinions are always 100% my own. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Independence Day Marshmallow Kabobs are the perfect treat for all of your Independence Day celebrations this year. Each year I try to come up with something fun and unique to bring to our gatherings and this year the Independence Day Marshmallow Kabobs are perfect. Who doesn’t love chocolate, marshmallows and sprinkles??
You could even have the kids help depending on their age, but I would be sure that I was the one melting the chocolate, but they could easily dip the marshmallows into the chocolate or even sprinkle the sprinkles on them. Then when it is time for assembly the kids could be in charge of that! I’m going to try to use these marshmallows for s’mores to see how delicious they are this way. (Who knows, it might be easier than the traditional method of s’more making). Happy Fourth of July!!
Wilton light blue candy melts
Wilton white candy melts
Wilton red candy melts
Red and blue sugar sprinkles
Wooden kabob skewers
1. Place a cup of red candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Now repeat step 1 with your blue and white candy melts, put them to the side for the next steps.
3. Place a marshmallow on the end of a skewer then dunk it in the red melted chocolate and set on a piece of parchment paper (repeat this step until you have as many red marshmallows as you want marshmallow kabobs)
4. Repeat step 3 with your blue and white chocolate, except add a pinch of red and blue sprinkles to your white chocolate covered marshmallows
5. Let your chocolate covered marshmallows harden (transfer to freezer for quicker results)
6. Now carefully place your skewer into one blue marshmallow, one white, and one red.
7. Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.