Indoor Grilling with Hamilton Beach
*I received a Hamilton Beach Searing Grill to use to facilitate this post, however as always opinions are 100% my own.
The one thing I miss about Spring and Summer is being able to grill outside. During those two seasons we grill almost every meal outside because who wants the mess inside and it’s nice to spend the time with friends and family. Until recently I’ve tried several indoor grills but found them bulky, hard to clean and of course the house smelled like an outdoor fire pit when the cooking was done. Fast forward through a winter with no BBQ I was about done for. Until the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill arrived and I was willing to give indoor barbecuing a try.
I went in overly cautious expecting it to be a failure just like my other indoor grilling experiments but to my delight I was shocked. There was minimal effort required to set the grill up, it was out of the box and put together in under two minutes and I was able to do it. Test two cooking brats, burgers and grilled onions. To my delight heating it up and grilling on it was easy as well. I do admit that i still made Brady be the grill master, but I was in awe. The grill heated evenly, cooked wonderfully and nothing stuck with no additional spray needed. We served up cole slaw, cheeseburgers, brats and grilled onions and they were amazing, and tasted just like we cooked out on the BBQ Grill.
The burgers had grill marks, perfectly seasoned, and were juicy….what?! I could hardly believe my eyes and taste-buds. The grilled onions made the perfect topping for burgers as well as brats. After a leisurely meal I was ready to tackle clean up. I was expecting a nightmare but the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill was a breeze to clean. It came apart as easily as it was assembled and I washed it by hand using dish soap, warm water and a sponge. Holy cow!!I was sure of it was going to be a nightmare to clean but was hooked the first time we used it. And guess what??? It is dishwasher safe, double win!!
The next meal we made steaks because the burgers were so delicious the steaks had to be great. They were FABULOUS, restaurant quality even which makes it a double win in my book. While we didn’t do a lot to prepare them, we simply added salt and pepper and let the Indoor Grill do the hard work for us. We simply turned the grill on to sear and let the steaks cook for about 5 minutes per side. We were left with delicious juicy steaks that were the perfect meal in under 10 minutes and they tasted better than they would have on the stove and just like they would have on the outside grill.
About the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill
Take the guesswork out of grilling using the high searing temperature and an adjustable temperature control. A light will even indicate when your grill reaches the desired temperature. This compact indoor grill can be used regardless of weather and is easy to clean with removable hood and drip tray, both dishwasher safe.
Cooking for my family has always been something I love. Knowing we can all sit at the table at the end of a long day and enjoy a meal together is an aspect I will always enjoy. The Hamilton Beach Searing Grill makes my life easy in so many ways.
Do yourself a favor and get the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill. It’s perfect for everyday use in your kitchen and the flavors of grilled food never get old. I base my whole weekly menu on what I can grill. Get your hands on this Searing Grill and let me know what you think!
- 2 pounds of large, unpeeled shrimp
- ½ cup of peanut oil (olive oil can be used instead)
- ½ cup of Tequila, any brand
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- Cilantro to taste fresh is best
- Salt and Pepper
- If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for an hour before you get started.
- Thread 3 or 4 shrimp onto the skewers and place them all in a shallow glass dish. Don’t use an aluminum pan!
- In a bowl, mix the tequila, lime juice, garlic, shallots, cumin, and salt and pepper. Base the salt and pepper on your personal taste. Slowly whisk in the peanut oil until everything is well blended. Pour over the shrimp and leave in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours to marinate.
- Oil the grill to prevent sticking or apply a non-stick spray like Pam. Bring the grill to medium heat. Lay out the skewers and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.