Affiliate Disclosure: We work with a variety of different affiliate companies. This means that we will receive a small compensation if you purchase from one of our affiliate links. This will not affect the price of your item(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you wild like more information please check out our Disclosure Policy.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cricut EasyPress 2
If you love coffee then these Coffee Themed Coasters are perfect for you! I’ve had a good experience with my Cricut Explore and my Mini EasyPress but since partnering with Cricut I’ve really upped my crafting game. A couple of weeks ago I introduced you to my latest addition to my crafting arsenal and I’ve fallen even more in love with their products since then. I’ve made several projects, that will be upcoming blog posts when I have the time to share them, but one of my favorite projects was to organize the “office” in a way that was perfect for crafting. That’s coming as well, but today we are talking about EasyPress 2 which allows you to get professional results at home in just a few easy steps.
About the EasyPress 2
The EasyPress 2 is easy to operate right out of the box and it comes with a dust cover, so you can protect your investment when it’s not in use. It is easy to set the temperature and the time which eliminates guesswork on your end. The folks at Cricut spend hours testing and making projects so that we the user get perfect results each and every time. The EasyPress 2 allows you to apply heat and gentle pressure which allows you to have a beautifully adhered iron-on film in 60 seconds or less. Allowing you to get professional results that last even after repeated washes. PLUS it gets hotter and heats faster, what isn’t to love?
What’s included in the box of a Cricut EasyPress 2?
- Included in the box is a Cricut Easy Press 2 9″x 9″
- Safety Book
- Welcome Book
- Materials for a practice project
- (NOT Included but Recommended to purchase) is a Cricut EasyPress Mat to protect your work surface (sold separately) but oh so worth it. I received the 12″ x 12″ and it is perfect for a little “extra” workroom when using the EasyPress.
The Key features include:
- Easy to learn and simple to use (Literally right out of the box!)
- Ideal for basic T-shirts, pillows, towels, and other mid-sized projects
- Ceramic-coated advanced heat plate design
- Precise temperature control up to 400°F or (205 °C)
- Intricate transfers stick after repeated washes (No more peeling shirts!)
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to store
- Compatible with major brands of heat-transfer material (but my favorite is the Infusible Ink)
Do I need an EasyPress Mat for the EasyPress?
- Why? Because it has a durable cover and the innovative construction eliminates moisture and reflects heat onto the iron-on design.
- The EasyPress Mat Insulates and provides a protective barrier to help protect your work surface.
- Designed to work with the Cricut EasyPress for flawless iron-on transfers
Materials Needed for the Coffee Coaster Project includes
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Circle Ceramic Coaster Blanks
- Influsible Ink I used Distressed Rustic
- The project found in Design Space
- Green Mat
- Essential Tools Kit– For this project, I used the scissors, scraper as well as the Portable Trimmer.
- Self Healing Mat (24 x36) to protect my workspace
Open Design Space and open DIY Coffee Themed Coasters, press Make it. Double-check that you selected Mirror and the correct size mat.
Pick your color of Infusible ink for your coasters. I decided that the Distressed Rustic would be perfect for the coffee Coasters. I loaded the entire sheet and cut off the extra after the machine had all of my coffee themed items cut.
Place Infusible Ink color side up on your green mat and load into your Cricut Explore Air 2, switch your dial to Custom and then you are ready to click continue. A screen will pop up that looks like the above image, click Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet. Then, load it into your Cricut Explore 2 or other Cricut cutting machine and click start. In under two minutes, you will have all 4 quotes cut out and you can prep for the next step.
When it is done cutting you will peel the Infusible Ink away from the mat. I’ve found it easier to place your mat upside down on the Self Healing Mat and peel away from the materials as shown here.
After the sayings are cut out you will cut the “excess” away using the scissors or portable trimmer from the Essential Tools Kit. Put it to the side for future projects, and then gently peel away the excess material until you are left with just the quotes for application to the coasters.
Coffee Themed Coasters
Place the ink side down onto your coaster and ensure it is “straight”. Then, turn on your EasyPress 2 and prepare to adhere to the Infusible Ink to the coasters. I set mine at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit and applied it for 30 seconds.
The folks at Cricut have really taken all of the guesswork out of it, and I love that the Infusible Ink doesn’t peel or fade like other projects that I’ve made or even bought. After you let the Infusible Ink cool, peel away the sticker and you will be left with a unique coaster set that can be used again and again. The best part about this project is that it takes less than 30 minutes to make them and the possibilities are endless. Check out all of the other Cricut projects here.
Now, it’s time to repeat the process until you have all 4 coasters completed. I made this project individually one time with the one you see above. Then, I did the process again, so I could ensure my directions were right for you. I loved the fact that you can do 1 coaster, or all 4 coasters at the same time under the EasyPress.