*This post is in partnership with the KC T-Bones, but regardless of that affiliation, all opinions are 100% my own.
If you have been following me for very long at all you know that I’m based in Northwestern Missouri just a short drive from Kansas City and St. Joseph both. We live in the country and it’s just a short drive to either city and we like to load up the nieces and of course Liz/Austin and enjoy outings just like any family. Being Empty Nesters is all fun and games, but sometimes you have to go with a crowd to enjoy the activity. The KC T-Bones is a ball team that plays at the Community America Ballpark located in the Legends in Kansas City, Kansas. To be honest, I had heard of them but never attended a game, but on July 23rd we attended our first ever game there and were beyond pleased with the experience.
KC T-Bones Selfie Scavenger Hunt + Giveaway
In all fairness, I do have to say that I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I knew that it would be a nice time out with family, but what I got out of it was so much more than that. Here’s just a few things that I LOVED about attending a KC T-Bones game:
- The Community America Ballpark was easy to find and while Brady did the driving, it would be a place that I could navigate to easily if the need arose.
- FREE Parking —SAY WHAT!–Yes, FREE parking that is a huge help to everyone’s budget.
- Parking was easily accessible, you didn’t have to walk that far to get into the gate and everyone we came in contact with was super helpful.
- There were lots of seats, bleachers, and tables with chairs available to rest in. We went on an extremely hot day and the crowds were very dispersed trying to stay in out of the sun.
- 50 cent Hot dogs….Need I say more?? Not a hot dog fan, no problem there are lots of other yummy food choices for you to enjoy.
- The entire ballpark is family friendly, they have a play structure for kids to play on, Sizzle involves the kids in lots of activities and the stadium itself was clean. Props to the lady who was standing in the shade nursing her baby, no one seemed to even notice what was going on around them.
- There were lots of fun vendors to see while waiting for the game to start, if you said no thank you they went onto the next person. There were a few that gave you a chance to win a prize if you so desired, but they weren’t pushy which was a huge plus for me.
- Their prices are affordable enough for a family to have a day at the ballpark, bleacher seating starts at only $9 but if you want to sit on the grass they are $6.50. (Just remember no lawn chairs are allowed!)
- You can buy tickets the day of the game, just walk up to the ticket booth and one of their friendly staff will be there to help you.
- The KC T-Bones have lots of special events, we attended National Hot Dog Day on 7/23 where they celebrated with a Hot Dog Eating Contest, kids got to run the bases, and of course 50 cent hot dogs.
To say our visit exceeded our expectations, would be an understatement and I highly suggest all families attend at least one game a season with the kids. You get to great ball game, where the athletes are hungry for the win without the hefty price-tag of watching the Majors. And I promise the kids will have just as much fun as you will and the memories you make will be priceless.
More Special Events at Community America BallPark
July 26th-Sizzle’s Homerun Readers Redemption Night!
July 27th-Throwdown Thursday! $2 Beers ALL night long!
July 28th-Appearance by the Falcon Skydiving Team as well as Christmas in July Night
Christmas Ornament Giveaway (first 1,500 fans) BOGO GA Ticket for wearing your best Xmas sweater/attire for our 15th Anniversary Fridays!
$1.25 Hot Dogs all night Select T-Bones players post-game autographs
July 29th-Special post-game fireworks and Boy Scout Campout Night #2 (How cool would that be!)
August 10th-Throwdown Thursday! $2 Beers ALL night long! Sizzle’s Homerun Readers Redemption Night!
August 11th-Appearance by the Falcon Skydiving Team Back to School Night! Drawstring Backpack Giveaway! $1.25 Hot Dogs all night Select T-Bones players post-game autographs
August 12th-Special post-game fireworks First Responders Night with special game ball delivery!
August 13th-Post-game kids run the bases Senior Savings Sundays! $9 Steak and Beer Special
August 18th-Appearance by the Falcon Skydiving Team Flashback Friday Theme Night! Special guest appearance by Happy Gilmore’s Chris McDonald aka “Shooter McGavin!” $1.25 Hot Dogs all night Select T-Bones players post-game autographs
August 19th-Special post-game fireworks Military Appreciation Night
August 20th– Post-game kids run the bases Senior Savings Sundays! FREE Solar Eclipse Glasses Giveaway (first 2,000 fans)
August 21-Kids Eat FREE!
August 22-Tall Boy Tuesdays–$5 16 oz. Domestic cans!
August 23rd-Post game catch on the field Warrior Wednesday Craft Beer Wednesday–$5 12oz. Craft Beers!
Check out the rest of KC T-Bones game schedule here.