Lime & Mint Sugar Scrub
Spring is just around the corner and that means most of us will be showing more skin. But each year I fight the dry flaking winter skin until Spring gets here. But this year I’ve been using coconut oil (which is a great sunscreen), essential oils and of course sugar to make some great scrubs to fight the dry skin monster. My skin looks healthier than ever and each scrub is easy to make with items I have on hand. They are easy to make as well as much better for my skin than store bought versions. So this month I’m using Lime and Mint in honor of St. Patrick’s Day and of course the arrival of Spring!
– 1 cup white sugar
– 1 tablespoon almond oil
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– 3 to 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
– 3 to 5 drops of lime essential oil
– Green food coloring, optional
1. Mix your sugar, almond oil, and coconut oil into a bowl. Mix well.
2. Stir in the essential oils. Remember that with both of these oils a little goes a long way. Start slow and add more if you feel the scent isn’t strong enough.
3. Mix in 1-2 drops of green food coloring. DON’T go overboard. Trust me. If you saturate it too much the scrub can stain. Be safe with 1-2 drops at most.
To use, apply to damp skin and move in a circular motion. Rinse clean with warm water. To store your sugar scrub, use any jar or container with an air tight lid.
[yumprint-recipe id=’86’]Whip up a batch of this Lime and Mint Sugar Scrub today. I promise your skin will be softer than ever and you will fall in love with the results. What other scents would you like to see us make?