Making Safe Halloween Treat Choices
Making Safe Halloween Treat Choices is easy with just a little bit of planning!! You don’t want to be a kill joy but kids of all ages love Trick or Treating because who doesn’t love free candy? Parents worry about their children especially on Halloween so we are helping you make some safe Halloween Choices that won’t bring on a sugar fueled rampage on the kids and are easy on our pocketbooks, so it is a win, win!!
- Candy- Go for sugar free candy because it is better for the kids. It is just a healthier alternative than the old stand by chocolate and hard candies. This helps ward off those sugar rushes as well as sugar crashes that are known to happen on Halloween. There are sugar free suckers, hard candies, chocolates and lots of great treats. Just look in the regular candy aisle.
- Popcorn balls- Not only are they tasty and easy to make, but they’re much healthier than straight up chocolate sugary candy. One thing to watch for is whether or not parents will accept home made treats, not everyone has good intentions on Halloween. Luckily, there are premade, pre-packaged popcorn balls available, ensuring that they haven’t been tampered with.
- If you don’t want to give out food but still want to give kids a Halloween treat they’ll love, spooky accessories like themed Halloween rings (neon colored spiders are a favorite) or glow necklaces and bracelets, often found cheap this time of year for parties.
- Apples or oranges could be handed out, but understand that some parents will just toss it because they won’t know if you tampered with it.
- Last but not least, money is often not an acceptable Halloween treat. Whether you ran out of candy before you expected to or simply forgot to stock your treat bowl, parents might not want their children to be handed cash not to mention the potential for accidentally swallowing small coins with younger children reaching into their candy bags.
Everyone wants to make sure their children have a happy and safe Halloween. Making the right treat choices when preparing for little ghosts and goblins to come knocking at your door can not just make the kids’ night, but set their parents’ minds at ease knowing that someone else is also looking out for their childrens’ health and safety as well.
Don’t forget to check out these great Halloween themed posts as well.