Need a Car Seat? Look no further than the Maxi-Cosi Magellan
Liz and Austin are expecting their first child and the must-have list keeps growing. But we are helping out any way we can, and one of the things that we have been able to help them with is some baby items. 20 years ago when I had Liz, car seats were changing very quickly, and while they were safe, they aren’t today’s ratings safe. But it seemed like, I was just getting my savings built back up, only to have to purchase another car seat. While I’m positive now that isn’t quite how that worked, you as parents know the struggle.
The other thing I learned along the way was that grandparents, aunts, and uncles should all have a car seat available in their car because moving that big toddler seat is no joke! We did eventually get one in the grandparent’s vehicles, and we had one extra, so that is something we encouraged Liz & Austin to do as well. But they have been doing their research on safety ratings, what the best car seat is, and of course, asking all of their friends what they use.
But, I was lucky enough to partner with my friends at Maxi-Cosi Magellan and today we are going to talk about the 5-in-1 Convertible Car Seat.
Why the Maxi-Cosi Magellan?
Because it grows with the kids, and it is literally the only car seat you’ll ever need!
It grows with your child from birth to age 10 and transitions easily between modes to accommodate children from 5 pounds to 120 pounds. Winning!
It is also equipped with Maxi-Cosi’s patented first-ever Adjustable Side Impact Protection, the Magellan is tested beyond U.S. standards for superior safety.
The innovative safety features are paired with Maxi-Cosi’s signature premium fabrics and contemporary, yet timeless look. Plus it is available in 5 colors.
- 10 YEARS OF ADVENTURE, 1 CAR SEAT: The Magellan 5-in-1 convertible car seat grows with your child and provides a perfect fit from birth to 10 years (5-120 lbs.)
- KEEP SAFETY WHERE YOU NEED IT: Adjustable torso side impact protection with 14-position headrest adjustment creates a customized fit for all growth stages; rear-facing, forward-facing, and even a belt-positioning booster.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Integrated belt lock-offs designed for easy and secure installation; One-click LATCH connectors install and release easily for an alternative installation.
- ONE-HANDED RECLINE AND EASY ADJUST: 7-positions to choose from; HideAway harness allows seat to easily transform to booster car seat mode .
- EXTRA COMFORTABLE RIDE: The premium, machine washable fabrics and padding provide the most comfort for your child during the ride.
What are the measurements?
Fully upright, it is 19.5 x 24.5 x 24.13 (W x D x H in inches). Fully reclined it is 19.5 x 32 x 20 (W x D x H in inches).
The Magellan 5-in-1 Convertible can be used rear facing for children 40”H or less, forward facing for children 29-49” tall (the max seated shoulder height forward-facing is 18”), and as a belt-positioning booster for children 43-57” (max seated shoulder height 19” for use as a booster).
Just remember the Magellan is a convertible car seat designed to stay installed in the vehicle. It does not have a carry handle, but you can keep an infant carrier in your vehicle for easy access.
Be sure to check out the Baby Gift Guide too for lots of fun baby items!