Must Have Items in Your Vehicle
Most families now days spend lots of time in their vehicles on the run, but do you have everything you need in there? We all know the difference between a need and a want, but sometimes things happen and you as a vehicle owner need to be prepared for the worst case scenario so to speak. Here are the top 5 things everyone should have in their car year around.
- A spare tire or donut as well as a jack. If you get a flat tire you can easily change it yourself, or call a company out to change it for you. However, if you don’t have a spare tire/donut you will probably find yourself paying a hefty tow truck bill instead. Check your spare once a month to make sure it is properly inflated as well.
- A first aid kit is a must have in any vehicle because they come in handy in cases of emergencies. Don’t go all out and buy lots of supplies, but pick up a small one at your local store the next time you are there. We have a medium sized kit in all of our vehicles that I update from year to year. Just remember to check the expiration dates on them so you are always prepared for the worst.
- Jumper cables are a necessity as well because they have saved me from time to time. Not only can the jumper cables get you back on the road quickly, but you could also help someone out that might not have a pair and become their hero.
- Flashlight with good batteries. There is nothing worse than trying to change a tire in the dark, or having to walk to the nearest town in the dark. This will not only help light the way as you walk, but it will also allow others to see you and possibly give you a ride to your destination.
- Vehicle Manuals also live in our glove compartments. Sometimes they come in handy when you are having car issues and there isn’t anything worse than being stranded for an easy fix. Be sure to check out Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for all of your automotive needs.
What other items do you consider must haves in vehicles?