I might be telling my age with this one a little bit, but that is okay. Pinocchio was one of my all time favorite Disney movies while growing up. It was originally released February 7, 1940 but I was a 70’s baby so it was literally 30 years old when I was a kid. (Holy wow!!) Today January 31,2017 Pinocchio is being released for the first time on Digital HD. (WOW!–Also very cool, that I get to experience that as well, don’t you think? So this morning in order to celebrate this fun release I had Coffee with Pinocchio.
But there were a few things I had “forgotten” about one of my childhood favorite Disney films. So instead of spoiling it all for you, I’m doing a short list of fun facts to share with you.
- Prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish and someday you will be a real boy.–The Blue Fairy
- I was surprised at the amount of time that Pinocchio and Gepetto spent apart was very shocking but the love they showed was simply amazing.
- The word Jacka** was used twice in Pinocchio, which was also very fitting in the story-line. It was just surprising although I’m not sure why.
- The animation was simply impressive when you consider that the film has been in production since the 1940’s. However, this is the first time it is available in Digital HD form. It has been enhanced and looks better than ever!
- Prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish and someday you will be a real boy, awake Pinocchio, awake–The Blue Fairy
- 88 minutes went way to quickly and was over before I could blink an eye. But in the end true love really does conquer all and we all need to remember that love will conquer all.
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” your dreams come true!!
Disney’s timeless tale Pinocchio, considered one of the greatest animated films ever made with two Academy Awards, joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Now it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters, and award-winning music. The movie which inspired the world to wish upon a star, arrives for the first time on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Jan. 10, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on Jan. 31 with hours of new and classic bonus features.
Disney’s Timeless Tale Joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection
Debuting on Digital HD Jan. 10 and Arriving on Blu-ray™ Jan. 31 with hours of new and classic bonus features.
“Pinocchio” is considered one of the greatest animated films ever made, with two Academy Awards® — for best original score and best original song “When You Wish Upon a Star” – and a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Now, it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music.
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes hours of classic bonus material and exclusive features including a reinvented rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star” created and performed by music influencers from Disney’s Maker Studios; never-before-seen artwork from the film’s Pleasure Island sequence; archival recordings of Walt himself during “Pinocchio” production; and a recently restored and scored 1927 short featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
“Pinocchio” tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto’s beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest – with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket – that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart’s desire: to become a real boy.
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags, and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
- In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
- The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Creating Pleasure Island