Pumpkin and Leek Soup
Pumpkin and Leek Soup is a great meal to have that is different on a cold winter night!
2 Leeks (only the parts that are white and light green) sliced and rinsed
2 Celery Stalks, Sliced
1 Garlic Clove, Chopped
1 T. Olive Oil
1 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 lb. Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
6 C. Chicken Broth (low sodium preferred)
1 T. Fresh Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add Celery, Leeks and Garlic Clove to the mixture. Stir often for about 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Slowly add the butternut squash and pumpkin puree. Stir well and add the chicken broth.
4. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and tender. Then add roughly ¼ teaspoon of pepper and 1 3/4 teaspoons of salt.
5. Slowly, ladle part of the soup into a blender, pureeing until completely smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Serve in small bowls and top with rosemary for additional flavor.