1 Onion, chopped
1/4 C. Margarine or Butter
2 t. Brown Sugar
1 Garlic Clove, chopped finely
1 14 1/2 oz. Can Chicken Broth
1/4 t. Black Pepper
1/8 t. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 C. Water
1 15 oz. Can 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 12 oz. Can Evaporated Milk
1. Place butter or margarine in a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
2. Cook the onions, sugar and garlic until soft (generally about 1-2 minutes).
3. Next, stir in the chicken broth followed by the water, pepper and salt and continue heating until it boils.
4. Once a boil is reached, reduce the heat down to low and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Then, add the pumpkin and stir until well blended.
6. Stir in the evaporated milk and cinnamon next.
7. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes; stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from heat and transfer the contents to a blender or food processer and process it until it is smooth.
9. Place the smooth soup back in the saucepan and warm it up.
10. Serve and enjoy!