Refreshing Pasta Salad Easy On The Go Recipe
About 10 years ago I was a Senior Class sponsor responsible for 8 seniors in South Padre Island, Texas. They were a great bunch of kids and the school board allowed us to go out of state as long as we didn’t go into Mexico. Deal! But once we were approved for our location, we started looking at things to do while we were there for a week. One of the things they wanted to do was go to Schlitterbahn Water Park and Resort while we were there. We spent an entire day at this amazing water park and had a ball and vowed one day to go back. That day hasn’t came just yet, but as Seniors you always dream big. I was elated when I found out Schlitterbahn Water Parks was going to open in Kansas City, Missouri a few years back.
A day at Schlitterbahn was a wonderful experience and I can’t wait to head to Kansas City this month to compare the two parks. But of course I wanted to tell you about some of the great things about Schlitterbahn!! Here are a few of the “perks” you can take advantage of at all of their parks:
- FREE parking — That is a HUGE money saver in and of itself!
- FREE tubes (we loved spending the day tubing)
- FREE lifejackets (great for smaller kids or even a safety precaution!)
- Schlitterbahn is the one waterpark where families are welcome to bring in their own ice chest of food and drink (no glass or alcohol). Talk about a HUGE money saver because we all know how expensive it is to eat in an amusement/water park!
Because of number 4 I wanted to make something refreshing but loaded with flavor so Refreshing Pasta Salad was born!!
Refreshing Pasta Salad
- Wacky Mac Enriched Tomato, Beet and Spinach Macaroni Product I wanted there to be nutritional value!!
- Can of black olives
- Green onions
- Orange pepper
- Mini Pepperonis
- Feta Cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Cook enough Wacky Mac for your family. While it is cooking, chop up all of your vegetables so they are ready when the pasta is cooled. I rinse my cooked pasta in cold water to immediately top the cooking process and then cool it in the refrigerator until chilled. Then, I mix it all together and add ranch dressing as well as Feta and Pepperoni.
I also picked up some easy on the go snacks to fill up the cooler because we will be there from the time Schlitterbahn Water Park opens until they close. Our snacks included, GoGo Squeez Apple Pear, bottles of water, string cheese, Lala Yogurt Smoothies, grapes, fruit snacks, fruit and veggie snack packs as well as some wraps. But of course we will bring some cash for a fun snack because you can’t go to a water park without doing a little bit of splurging!
Schlitterbahn loves families and the proof is in the ice chest filled with goodies and of course Refreshing Pasta Salad! So be sure you head out to South Padre, Kansas City, Galveston, or New Braufels this summer for an amazing time!
*Disclosure: I will receive free Schlitterbahn Water Park tickets for this post. No other compensation was provided and opinions are 100% my own.