5 Safety Tips All Drivers Should Know
Being on the road and behind the wheel is something that most of us do on a daily basis. But what we don’t always think about is properly maintaining our vehicles or what we should keep in our vehicles in case of emergency. Today we are going to spend a little time talking about some of the things we need to do to make sure we are safe on the roadways.
- Properly maintain your vehicle. Check the vehicle owner’s manual for service recommendations as well as keeping things checked between services. Some of the things to check include hoses, belts, filters, fluids, and of course spark plugs. But remember to keep tires properly inflated and make sure you have enough gasoline especially in the winter months. We try to keep ours at a half of a tank at all times.
- Pack your emergency kit and leave it in the vehicle. Keep a first aid kit, battery jumper cables, and safety lights in your vehicle. I don’t know about you but I would rather be safe than sorry.
- Wear a seat-belt always, not only is it the law in most places, but it helps keep you and your family safer. Plus if we as parents don’t wear them how will our kids know the importance of safety.
- Reduce driver distractions, put your cell phone down and leave it down. But also to remember to watch the roadways around you, I always worry more about other drivers than myself.
- Know your route and an alternate route to get where you are going. Sometimes you have to take another route and getting lost along the way makes for a long trip.
Follow these five safety tips for safer travels all year long. Don’t forget to check out all of the great vehicles at Reedman Toll Nissan of Rexell Hill for all of your vehicle needs! What other safety tips do you have for other drivers you are sharing the road with?