No matter where you are in the world and what your lockdown situation may be, there is no excuse not to get your home as summer-ready as possible. Even when you have to say inside, the weather outside is going to affect the indoor temperature of the home. Plus, you want to get the thicker rugs and things away – it’s time for light colors, light fabrics, and all-round summer living!
The house needs to be given a breath of life, and whether your kitchen demands the serious makeover items like DIY high end appliance repair, or your garden needs to meet your lawnmower once more, you have to get on it. You don’t need to call it Spring Cleaning – it’s summer that’s fast approaching and it’s time to think about making your home bright and happy once more. Sure, the autumn won’t be far behind, but let’s focus on six things that you could do right now to get your home ready for the sunshine.
- We’ll start with a good clean, but not in the “decluttering” way you would for spring cleaning. You’re putting away the heavy curtains and the thick rugs, which means that you need to get the vacuum cleaner out and start cleaning that build-up of dust.
- Now that the weather is better and likely to be drier than usual, get into the garden and clear up the mess left behind by the overgrowth of weeds and other flowers and plants. Clearing out the garden will give the place some space for new things to grow.
- Have the experts come in and get the HVAC checked over. You may be all into your DIY appliance repairs, but that doesn’t mean that you have the expertise to do everything. The air conditioning unit is about to be put through its paces – and it starts with making sure that you have it serviced properly.
- If you have your usual sunshine decor packed away, it’s time to get it out and ready. Taking down the winter curtains and replacing them with the lighter ones and packing away the fluffy blankets is a good idea! Put up some pictures of sunshine scenery and add some flower pots and plants around the home.
- Clear out the garage and get rid of the things you’ve been storing in there for the winter seasons and thin it all down. Your garage could now be used to store bicycles and other toys for the kids. Your garage is as much a part of the home as anywhere else: you may as well ensure that it’s usable.
- Cut back the shrubbery and clean out the pool. You’re going to be using it through the summer so getting the yard ready is a must. Clear out the weeds and enjoy the great outdoors in the weather that makes you smile. You can really enjoy your yard when you give it a proper clean out.
The home needs to be summer ready – even if you cannot go on vacation!