Small Town Dreamer First Time Cruiser
Growing up in small town Missouri means that I have small town dreams right? That used to be the case, but since I’ve discovered I have a love of travel, my travel bucket list has grown. I’ve traveled to several towns, cities and of course states in the United States but never dreamed that I would head out of the country or go on a cruise. They were on my travel bucket list, but not on the I have to do Bucket travel list. However, we all know that things are subject to change especially when a bucket list is involved!
Growing up we traveled via vehicle to Oregon a couple times to visit relatives as well as other travel destinations that my parents wanted to see. So my travel list of states growing up included: Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma and Colorado. Not to shabby for a small town Missouri girl right??
Fast forward a few years and I became a parent of Elizabeth, went to college, became a teacher and traveled a little in between all of that. I visited Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado and Oregon to name a few. Then, I lost my teaching job to due to budget cuts and life as I knew it was a thing of the past or so I thought. It was really the beginning of a new career path, new adventures and a new found love of travel.
Over the last four years I’ve added states like California, Florida, Illinois, Nevada, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia. Each one holding something new and exciting for my adventures and new ways of traveling. But never in a million years would I have thought that I was going to be heading out to sea on a cruise ship. But this March, I will be traveling via a cruise ship to the Bahamas!! So it will officially be added too and crossed off of my “I have to do Bucket list.”
Here are just a few things that I are on my travel bucket list.
- New York City
Disneylandcompleted in 2014!
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
A CRUISE to the BAHAMAS, which allows me to do two of the things I never thought I would do! So be sure to follow along on my adventure on March 20-23rd! #Cruises4Fun #Tours4Fun
But as a first time cruiser I’ve had lots of questions, thoughts and of course ideas of what I wanted to pack for my cruise. So I’ve done my research and this is what I’ve decided makes my must pack list for my 3 day cruise.
- Carry on Only I’m packing everything I need in a Carry On that way I have everything I need the minute I arrive on the cruise ship.
- Sunscreen (small) so it fits the 3 ounce guideline for the flight.
- After sun lotion aloe is my choice, because we all know how white I am.
- Dramamine because heaven for bid I get seasick, I want to be prepared. I’m hoping for smooth sailing though, but I want to be prepared.
- Binoculars- When my Nana traveled she always had binoculars with her, and I’ve taken up this habit. This allows you to get a birds eye view of about everything and bird-watching is always fun to do no matter where I’m at!
- Go pro/Camera- The Go Pro will be perfect for our kayaking excursion we are taking, so I can easily record the action.
- Earplugs are always packed with me no matter where I go because you never know when you will need them.
- Excursion bag This bag will double as my “purse” and bag to make my days easier.
- Wristlet that holds my cell phone, id, credit cards and cash.
- Water shoes/Flip Flops that you don’t mind getting wet (Thanks Making of a Mom for that reminder!)
- Passport/Birth Certificate ID
- 4 outfits shoes etc.
- 1 formal dress for formal night
What else would you tell a first time cruiser to pack??