Power prices are in the news again and have prompted many households to look at their energy consumption behavior. The good news is there are plenty of ways by which you can save energy. In this context, we will discuss ways that can drastically reduce the total bill. The best way is to start monitoring your energy consumption, try to audit your energy usage and choose an affordable retailer using Compare Energy Vic. The things that you can look for:
- The size and many features of your home
- The energy efficiency of your appliances
- Your lifestyle and times of day you consume more power
- The type of contract and the electricity provider
How Much Can You Save?
It is a pretty relative question; it depends on the extent of measures you are willing to take. By adopting energy-saving measures, you can cut down the energy wastage in your home. The simple thing is like washing clothes in the cold water, tuning your thermoset or turning it off can when not in use. Below down, we are going to discuss steps that are tough to implement but can significantly reduce the overall bill:
- Getting rid of the second fridge or buy a single large fridge (If you have two fridges)
- Switching off the game console instead of keeping it in standby mode can save you a lot.
- Upgrading power hogging devices to more energy-efficient appliances can again save you significantly.
- Replacing electric storage hot water system with a solar hot water system or a heat pump water heater.
- Identify ways to carry out household activities more efficiently; this includes keeping devices in good condition and maintaining them from time to time.
- When buying new household items, choose the most energy-efficient option you can afford. It will seriously impact the total utility bill.
- You can make a great impact by changing personal preferences or habits. You can close doors, switch off lights, or invest in smart devices to save the most on the total bill.
Electricity Prices are bound to increase.
In recent years electricity prices have come down, but this trend will change quickly. With the ongoing war between Ukraine and Russia, the energy market will take the toughest hit, so it’s high time to incorporate practices that allow you to save electricity. Find the cheapest provider using Compare Energy Vic in order to find the cheapest provider.
In Australia, there is a high chance that you have to pay a huge supply charge in the coming months or years as the ageing poles and the distribution will now need replacement and repairing, and all this will come from the consumer pocket.
Identifying Energy Hogging Appliances
To reduce your electricity and gas bills, it would be the best policy if you know which devices have the highest weightage in your total utility bills. When it comes to Australian homes, the main culprit includes heating water, heating and cooling and refrigeration and other electrical appliances. Standby devices make up most of the household energy bill. It is always a smart idea to use Compare Energy Vic to find the best deal.
Being aware of what impacts the most in terms of energy usage allows you to take steps to save the most on overall energy usage. We hope this content may have been informative for you regarding energy consumption and other aspects.