Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I also partnered with IGBBQ.com to bring you this post, however, as always opinions are 100% my own.
Fall has arrived and we are ready for all things Fall. While we enjoy pumpkin spice and all things nice, one of our favorite pastimes has been hanging out with family and friends. While we aren’t a “real tailgating” family, we have an appreciation for all the folks that do tailgating each weekend.
But that doesn’t mean that Brady doesn’t enjoy a great new grill and I get to enjoy the yummy food that is a result of the new grill. It’s the perfect combination really, plus we can have family/friends over so it’s a win all of the way around. But this tailgating season we are working with the IG Charcoal BBQ and all its awesomeness! So without further ado, I give you the one tailgating item you need, plus a few bonus items that will make your tailgating easier.
About the IG Charcoal BBQ
- Easy Assembly and Wheel Installation / Removal Making it perfect for the backyard BBQ or Tailgating
- Adjustable Heat Control with Lifting Mechanism (and if it quits working, it is an easy fix, I promise.
- Rotating Charcoal Handle for Temperature Control which allows you to easily control the temperature when cooking with charcoal it is a bit tricky. But the IG Charcoal BBQ grill takes that trouble off your hands.
- Folding side trays (Yeah for more space when tailgating!)
- Bottom Storage rack
- Easy Sliding Ash Tray Collector
- 2 Wheels for mobility
- Plus a handy grill top
- Let’s not forget about the stainless steel feature that makes the grill more durable and easier to clean! Even if you leave it outside in the elements, you can just easily hose it off. But the grills themselves do require a brush, but that is to be expected. We did buy a grill cover to keep it out of the weather for the most part, but we wouldn’t have had to have it.
- Easily assembly and no extra tools needed for the assembly is an added bonus in my book.
- Size of the IG Charcoal BBQ with side trays up: 61.1” x 22” x 35.5”
- Size of the IG Charcoal BBQ with side trays down: 41.3” x 22 x 33.5”
Control the Temperature Easily
The top grate is about 3 inches from the food you are cooking when it’s at the top of the grill. But with just a few rotations it can be up to 9 inches away from the food to ensure even cooking. WINNING!
The One Thing I Miss…Or Maybe Not?
The only thing I wish it had was a grill hood to help me regulate the heat a little better. But you can’t have it all in one grill, plus when you are tailgating the IG Charcoal BBQ grill puts off some heat so you get to stay warm while tailgating. So, I will take it as a win, and not complain about it not having a grill hood.
What to cook on IG Charcoal BBQ Grill?
The IG Charcoal BBQ is perfect for kabobs, steaks, hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and anything else you could grill. It has room for at least 20 burgers at a time making it the ultimate tailgating grill for even a beginner tailgater. This new Santa Maria Style grill offers a unique grilling experience that is perfect for sports tailgating. It is the one product that every tailgater needs, and if you don’t tailgate, no worries, it looks great in the backyard or patio too!
“”It’ll far outlast any grill at its price, and handle almost any backyard barbecue you might throw at it (it’ll hold 15 to 20 burgers at a time), and it’s also among our favorite charcoal grills in our complete buying guide.”Owen Burke with Business Insider