Top 5 Reasons To Pay To Have Your Oil Changed
We all know that I love to save money on ordinary things and do lots of bargain hunting to find the best deal. Over the years I’ve scored some pretty sweet deals on lots of things but automotive care is something I try to not bargain hunt for. Over the years I’ve learned how to do some pretty serious savings, by shopping around and being a diy-er. But one thing that I pay for is an oil change for several reasons.
Here are my top 5 reasons you should pay to have your oil changed.
- It maintains oil lubrication (and my Dad would probably punish me if I didn’t have it serviced regularly). One of the requirements I had to learn was how to check tire pressure, change a flat tire, drive a stick shift and last but not least I had to be able to change the oil. Granted that was 20+ years ago and things were lots simpler then, I’m not sure I would know where to start nowadays.
- It cools engines components and helps keep them in tip top shape as well as removes engine sludge and particles.
- It improves gas mileage and our daughter’s new car actually “shuts off” on its own in an effort to save gas. It’s a pretty cool feature, but it does take some getting used too.
- Your vehicle will last longer if you take care of it. Our current “old beater” has 325,000 miles and is still going strong enough to take a daily trip 30 miles to and from work every day. It may not look the best, but it’s paid for, so that is the most important thing.
- Paying someone saves you money and time so that is the number one reason I pay to have my oil changed. Just be sure to check that they latched the hood completely before you hit the highway!
Be sure to check out your local car dealerships, because often times they have special pages and discounts. Whether you are looking to have our car serviced, purchasing a new to you vehicle, or even a brand new vehicle there are always ways to save and help you stretch your dollar farther. Be sure to check out my friends at Central Avenue Hyundai for all of your vehicle needs. Central Avenue Hyundai
Owning a vehicle is an investment and we all know how expensive they are. Check out all of the “vehicle” themed articles I have on the site.