Top Tips for Hosting the Perfect Bridal Shower
Top Tips for Hosting the Perfect Bridal Shower!! So you’re going to be hosting a bridal shower! This special event will bring a lifetime of memories to the bride-to-be. So naturally you want it to be as close to perfect as possible!
Here are some top tips for hosting the perfect bridal shower.
One of the best locations for a bridal shower is one of the bridesmaids’ homes. But this is not always feasible. Here are some other ideas:
* Weather permitting, a local park can be a great idea. If it’s mid-summer, you can decorate with lots of citronella candles and have insect repellent handy. In the spring, an outdoor tent or picnic shelter would work. In the fall, you can build a fire and have a cookout at the shower.
* A church or other house of worship can be a great place for a shower. Most such places have a social “hall” or gathering place where such events are held.
* Local recreation centers are also good places for bridal showers, and they often have facilities that can accommodate lots of people.
* Country clubs or restaurants make lovely shower locations.
On a Budget?? Pick up my book Wedding Planning Guide!
One of the key elements to the perfect bridal shower is the food. Here are some ideas for today’s health-conscious brides.
* Set up or make your own yogurt buffet. This is a healthy twist on the build-your-own-sundae idea. Have several kinds of yogurt available, and then a line of fresh fruits and other fun toppings.
Find fun tips and sound advice at the Beau-coup wedding blog
* Turn regular food into finger food. If you take this idea as a springboard, you can come up with all kinds of finger foods. Here are some ideas to get you started:
=> Greek salad stuffed into pita pockets, then halved
=> Mini taco salads – taco salad ingredients on corn chips
=> Little BLTs – on hearty crackers, spread mayonnaise and top with shredded lettuce, a small slice of tomato, and a small piece of bacon.
=> Fruit kabobs are also very pretty and popular. You can offer them with chocolate fondue if you like.
Make sure you keep the bride’s taste in mind here, too. Don’t have silly games if she is the type who is made uncomfortable by them. On the other hand, if she’s the type who would be disappointed if there weren’t something silly and fun, then make sure to have some goofy games! Door prizes are essential to make everyone feel welcome.
Decorating can be really fun. Here are some ideas for decorations to help get the ball rolling:
* Force bulbs like tulips, hyacinth, or paperwhite in individual vases or pots. Then have one at each place at the table for a sit-down meal, or decorate the buffet and tables with them. Guests can take them home as favors.
* Try dipping colorful string or thread in watered-down white glue. Drape the threads over blown-up balloons. Allow to dry overnight and then pop the balloons for a pretty bubble-like decoration.
* Make paper flowers using tissue or crepe paper, and then decorate the whole room with them. You can also group them or paste them on cards or natural branches.
This should give you lots of ideas to get started on that perfect bridal shower!
What other tips do you have to add?
Weddings & Party Decor!