Fishing and boats are closely related to each other for ages. In olden days no one could imagine fishing without boats. These fishing vessels have undergone many changes. Traditional boats were trailed by rudders, and then came the steamboats and the diesel engine boats around 1960. With the passage of time, these fishing vessels became more advanced with the latest features and fixtures for safe and comfortable fishing . Nowadays, these fishing vessels have trolling motors with trays to provide comfort from leg and back pain. If you are looking for a Trolling Motor Tray, Trolling Battery Center is the best place to visit.
The Trays are used for placing your legs in the right position (90º to 120º) while sitting in the boats. This reduces pain, makes you feel comfortable while fishing, enhances the boat’s look and helps you to be more stable.
Features of Trolling Motor Tray
This unit includes a drain tubing/ line, clamp, cutting tool, instructions for installation and some steel screws along with a tray. Let us check some of them.
1. Tray – Plastic /Aluminium :
* Aluminium tray is long lasting, if finished properly. They have a cleaner appearance and do not fade easily but the plastic trays chip quickly if struck with something hard and fade if not protected.
* Aluminium Trays are powder coated, rustproof with UV protection whereas the plastic trays have UV protectant with no powder coating.
* Tray Size : Before purchasing a tray , make sure that it fits your pedal with some extra space left. It is obvious to keep the pedal close to the flush mount. There are specific pedal size numbers provided by the manufacturers for particular trays, but if the size doesn’t fit then you can go in for a little large size tray.
* Installation: The installation process for foot pedal tray is simple but it may diversify from one boat to another.
2. Drain Line /tubing: Every recessed tray is tailored with a tubing to help water drain easily. But before installation you need to know the length of the tubing required for your boat. The included tubing sometimes may not be sufficient therefore, you can buy additional tube line from any local auto parts store with some clamps and screws for a secure tubing.
Reasons for Buying Trolling Motor Tray:
Fishing is fun doing but it may be frustrating sometimes .Therefore, to avoid damage and clutter to your boat, you need to organize it with a recessed foot pedal tray. There are few reasons for buying a Trolling motor tray.
- Comfort: A tray holds the foot pedal off the deck, saves it from damage and helps in reducing ankle, back and knee pains by providing sufficient space to apply force to the pedals.
- Organization and Appearance: A tray can easily be installed as it is featured with all accessories like hardware, clamps, screws, tubeline and installation booklet with a Velcro to secure pedals in rough waters.
Recessed Trolling MTR Tray: A recessed trolling motor tray is a tool which makes your fishing experience memorable . A tray helps you to keep your legs at correct angles while sitting or casting your reel. Along with stability it reduces back and leg pain. You need to be a little careful with the installation of this tool.Keep in mind a few factors, when choosing this unit like the size and measurement of your boat along with the process of installation and safety measures this tool holds.
Types of Recessed MTR Trays: (2020)
- Recessed Trolling MTR Pan:- This is the cheapest design model of recessed trolling MTR pan. It is good for long hours finishing because it reduces the legs strain by preventing stripping hazards with a stable boat. This pan is made of an aluminium powder coat with UV protection and a
paintthat does not fade easily. It has a universal design to fit all trolling motors foot power. It does not add a bit to the weight of the vessel, being lightweight. The only disadvantage associated with the pan is that it has 4 pre-drilled holes that may sometimes not match to your foot pedal. No hardware or cutting template is provided, hence, for your own template, you need to buy some screws from your local auto parts shop.
- Motorguide Flat Foot Tray:- Add a recessed tray for foot power to eliminate back aches and leg strains caused by long fishing hours. A newly introduced flat foot tray for motor guides made of 1/8 aluminium and a baked-on powder coat is available in the market. This enhances better fishing and safe balancing. It is also featured with a drainage hole that can easily be connected to a hose through a drain line. This large size tray may not fit the old model MTR trolling boats. It is a lightweight tray that comes with hardware and templates.
- Troll Fishing Boat Motor Tray:- A forward taper design tray enables a better posture for you, while fishing. It not only provides comfort to your back pain but keeps the boat stable. It is a highly
paintresistant polyethylene plastic tray featured with UV protection. The plastic material used is not strong enough to withstand flexes, while on the pedal. So, for extra support, a subfloor is built under the bottom of the tray. This lightweight motor tray with a front drain screened features to check blockage of the drain line, hardware, installation guide and cutting tools is very popular among the crowd.
- Minn Kota Flat Foot Tray:- This Foot Tray is specially designed for Minn Kotas. It is a strong, lightweight tray that provides a neat and tidy look to your boat and includes all hardware accessories. It provides comfort to your leg and back. It is a long lasting tray made of aluminium with heated powder coat finish. The standard size of the tray can fit all recent model boats but the space left for trolling motor cable is not suitable for the old model boats of 80s and 90s because they have long control pedals and even the screws are of very low quality.
Conclusion:- Installing recessed trolling motor tray is the best option for a safe and comfortable fishing experience. Finding a durable and sturdy trolling tray is not easy. Therefore, it is advisable to read the buying guide before investing into this product. When searching for a unit like this keep in mind the specifications, material, compatibility, weight, installation and safety features. Choose the best quality tray for long hours fishing providing safety and comfort.