Whenever you go somewhere, factors like accommodation and transportation are the first things you come out with a definite plan on. If you plan to travel to Zurich for business or vacation, here is some information that will help answer some of your questions.
Every country, city, and state has its own rules, regulations, and standard practices. These practices are variable, so it is essential to know how you can hire Zurich airport transportation and the requirements for you to fulfill.
Zurich Airport to Driving Directions
You can reach the Zurich airport from the city center in around 20 minutes. Here are the directions to get to the Zurich airport from the city center:
- Head onto Limmatstrasse.
- Continue on the Kornhausbrucke, take a right turn onto Rousseaustrasse, then left onto Wasserwerkstrausse.
- Take the first left to the A1L.
- Get off at Exit 64 and merge with A1/A4/E41/E69.
- Continue towards Luzern and then get off at Exit 63-Zurich-Nord.
- After exiting, merge with the A51 towards Bulach.
- Take a left from Exit 6 and go towards Flughafen.
From this point, it is a straightforward route towards the airport.
1. What Type of Documents Required to Hire a Zurich Airport Transportation?
To rent a Zurich Airport Transportation or drive a rental, you must possess a few requirements and documents.
These documents include:
- A valid passport
- A valid driver’s license for non-EU and EU citizens
- IDP or International Driver’s Permit
- The driver’s license must be in English or must have a translation.
Debit/Credit Card Need at Zurich Airport
All car hire companies in Zurich accept credit cards. In some cases, they may accept debit cards as well. Wherever you rent a car from, you will have to leave a deposit according to the company’s policy.
Some companies require €1000 or 1200 Swiss Franc as their deposit. Make sure you have enough amount for the deposit. This amount is refunded to your credit or debit card after you return the car in the proper condition or as it was while you rented it.
2. Check for Driver Min and Max-Age Requirement
It is always important to contact the rental company beforehand and inquire about their minimum and maximum age requirements. The standard minimum age requirement in Switzerland is 18-21 years old.
Some rental companies have different policies, and their minimum age requirement is 25 years old, and the maximum is 70-75 years old. If someone is younger than 25, they will have to pay an excessive amount with the deposit, and the maximum age is allowed after the doctor’s approval.
3. Rules of Road and Laws Visitors Must Know Before Hiring a Zurich Car Service
Just like any other country, you must abide by the rules and laws of driving when you are in a foreign place. These are some of the rules you must follow when in Zurich:
- The use of a mobile phone during driving is illegal. You can use hands-free devices.
- Just like in the UK, here too, you must drive on the right side of the road.
- The speed limit in Switzerland is indicated on signboards in kilometers per hour or Kph.
- Drinking and driving are considered serious offences all over the world. And Switzerland does not take this likely. If the alcohol level is above 0.005 percent in the bloodstream, is it considered illegal. You may have to pay a heavy fine and even serve jail time.
- Everyone must follow the signs and traffic lights, speed cameras are installed everywhere in the country.
- Every passenger in the car must wear seatbelts in the back and front seats.
- Children under the height of 150cm or the age of 12 must be restrained to the car seats properly.
- The car should always be equipped with all the necessary safety equipment.
4. Awareness of Road Signs
While you are on the road, you must follow all the signs or pay the penalty. Here are a few signs that are more common and you must know about:
- No stopping: This sign means that you are not allowed to stop your car, not even to drop anyone unless a case of a medical emergency.
- Parking zone: This indicates the beginning of a parking zone where you can park your car.
- PAID PARKING: this sign indicates that you can park your car, but you have to pay using the parking meter.
- SNOW CHAIN REQUIRED: This sign means that you must utilize snow chains on two wheels of the same axle, at least to continue to drive on the road. This applies to three-wheelers as well.
- Pedestrian path: This sign indicates that cars are not allowed on the path, it is only meant for pedestrians.
5. Compare the Car Rental Insurance
Car rental companies earn their income through these policies. Before contacting any car rental company, you should plan and read their rental policies. Compare different companies and then decide which one you would prefer before booking.
6. Zurich Tolls Fees and Tolls Gates
All the motorways in Switzerland are toll roads. These require a vignette to drive. The vignette is paid yearly, which allows people to drive on the motorways. This vignette does not cover the tunnels.
If you are using a rental car, most likely, the vignette will be paid for it. But always confirm with the company, or you’ll have to pay a 200 Swiss Franc worth of fine. The vignette is mostly stuck on the inside of the windshield.
Just like every other country, Zurich follows its own rules and regulations. For anyone who wants to rent a car, it is important to be aware of these rules. When all the rules and regulations are respected, driving around the beautiful country will be easy and peaceful.
In this article, all the important information has been covered that you need to know if you are planning to hire a Zurich Airport Transportation. The policies, information on toll, road signs, documents, and all other necessary information have been discussed, which will help you find the right rental company and make transportation in Zurich easier.