Sometimes even a thought about traveling with a child makes young parents feel worried and anxious. That’s a typical feeling because parents are afraid of different problems that may happen during the journey and whether their loved one will tolerate it well. But don’t postpone your trip for several years till your little one becomes a little bit older, but learn about the main tips on how to travel with a child with ease and pleasure. You can also consult your pediatrician before setting off and you will get some recommendations that will make you feel calmer. So let’s talk about something important that you should know while traveling with an infant.
Create a checklist of essentials that your little one may need during the trip
A to-do list should be created before each trip, especially if you have a young child. In a hurry, you can forget about something important that will be difficult to find on the road or in another country or city. As a result, it will cause some inconvenience and you and your baby will not enjoy the process. So follow that guide of things that you need to have in your suitcase:
- necessary documents as baby’s birth certificate, pen, insurance documents, reservation confirmation;
- Nappy/diaper changes. Make sure that you take enough quality of these things not to look for them abroad. So you will need anti-bac wipes, diapers/nappies, wipes and rash cream.
- Take all the necessary items of clothing. Consider the fact what country you are going to and what types of clothes your baby needs. Be sure it will protect your baby from the sun if it’s a warm country.
- A blanket or a scarf. It can be useful while feeding your baby or just when you get cold. A scarf is a more popular option for traveling as it is more practical and saves space in your suitcase.
- Take an infant car seat. It’s necessary and convenient to keep your child in a car seat while traveling not only by car but also by plane. It is recommended to have a car seat to make the child’s traveling more comfortable. It will not only be easier for him or her to sit, but also to fall asleep or eat.
Feeding your baby
That’s a comprehensive topic, so it should be considered in its own section. You may understand that your child’s eating habits and preferences can change a little bit during the trip because of different factors such as climate, time zone change, place change and others. So be sure you can deal with any problems.
If you are a nursing mother, you also should have a plan ahead and be prepared for some inconveniences.
- First of all, it’s a nursing cover or a scarf if you are a little bit shy while breastfeeding in public places. It will give you a sense of privacy and make the process more comfortable.
- Consider the possibility of breast milk pumping. You can do it before the flight or setting off in general and feed your baby without any discomfort. Remember to take all the necessary supplies for pumping. These are breast pump, bottles, sterilizers, nipples and a small cooler bag. You will not be able to store your milk for some period of time without these items.
If you prefer bottle-feeding while traveling, you need to be fully prepared and find a baby formula that perfectly suits your baby in order to not cause any health issues during the trip. Choose one that corresponds to the age of the child, satisfies all his or her features of the organism and is easy to use. Most parents choose liquid formulas that are quite comfortable to feed your baby while traveling. It doesn’t require any preparation and additional supplies. It costs a little bit higher than powder baby formula but it will ease your stay in transport. You may consider all the possible options of formulas on Organic’sBestShop and be sure about its quality and fast shipping.
If your baby already eats solid foods, prepare small trays with ready to eat cut or pureed vegetables, fruits, meat or fish. It is important to make this food as chewable as possible so that your little one will not choke. You can also get some ready food pouches and feeding your baby during the trip will become even more easier. There are a variety of them on the market. For example, organicsbest.shop is one of reliable services so you can choose the best one for your baby there.
Several tips to make you and your child feel more comfortable during the trip
- Don’t rush in feeding and changing your baby. Every passenger on the transport understands that nursing a baby takes time and it is a little bit inconvenient because of movement. So other people will accept it and you don’t need to rush. The same goes for collecting things for the trip and getting your child changed. The other way, you can do something wrong and it can cause some problems.
- Try to make traveling comfortable for your baby. If you are flying somewhere it can make your little one feel worried or panic. Even some adults tolerate flights with difficulties. So think about this little organism that has to endure it. A good tip is to feed your baby during taking off and landing. It will distract and calm him or her down.
- Choose the best seat for yourself. If you choose an aisle seat, it will be more comfortable to use the restroom. While you are traveling with a baby you need to change diapers, rinse your bottles or something else. With an aisle seat you have access to the restroom. But, on the other hand, if you are breastfeeding, you may be shy about it and want a private space. So a window seat will be a better option for you. You will be able to turn your back to other passengers and feed your baby in a relaxed way.